More than 100,000 pages of early newspapers from six Wisconsin communities can now be discovered in the Archive of Wisconsin Newspapers. The Belleville Public Library, Black River Falls Public Library, Dwight Foster Public Library, Eager Free Library, Prairie du Chien Public Library and Stephenson Public Library worked together with BadgerLink, the Wisconsin Historical Society, Wisconsin Public Library Consortium (WPLC) and the Wisconsin Newspaper Association (WNA) to add this content to the Archive.
Wisconsin residents can now access the following titles through BadgerLink:
- Belleville Recorder 1887-1923
- Badger State Banner 1868-1926
- Banner Journal 1931-1938
- Evansville Badger 1898-1906
- Evansville Enterprise 1895-1911
- Evansville Review 1899-1932
- Evansville Tribune 1899-1908
- Jackson County Banner 1867-1868
- Jefferson County Union 1870-1918
- Prairie du Chien Courier Press 1852-1922
- Marinette and Peshtigo Eagle 1871-1896
These titles join the list of historical newspapers added to the Archive in 2016 thanks to an LSTA-funded pilot project. To explore the full collection, visit the Archive of Wisconsin Newspapers and click on Search Historical Newspapers.
The Archive of Wisconsin Newspapers is an ongoing collaboration of WHS, WPLC, WNA, and BadgerLink. For more information about how your library can participate, visit http://www.wplc.info/newspapers.