BadgerLink resources are purchased with Universal Service Funds appropriated through Wisconsin’s biennial budget process. Content selection is governed by Department of Administration (DOA) guidelines. Once the contracts have been awarded and appropriated funds have been encumbered for the purchase of the selected resources, contracts are signed.
Inclusion of any information in BadgerLink resources does not constitute endorsement by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI). DPI does not act in the place of a parent or guardian for children accessing BadgerLink content. It is up to parents or guardians to monitor their child’s use of BadgerLink.
The BadgerLink Team and the Department of Public Instruction do not share any email addresses or personal information with third parties when users contact us or subscribe to our email lists. BadgerLink does not obtain email addresses from a third party and you can unsubscribe from our email list at any time.
Email addresses or personal information given directly to any BadgerLink vendor (to create a login, for technical support, etc.) fall under the vendor’s own terms of services.
BadgerLink resources are licensed for the personal and educational use by Wisconsin residents. The vendors of these resources maintain their own agreements, terms, and conditions, which can be found at the following:
- Archive of Wisconsin Newspapers website is owned by the Wisconsin Newspaper Association, and its contents are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws. You may use the site and its contents for personal research and educational purposes only.
- EBSCO resources are licensed for personal and educational use by Wisconsin residents. Go to the EBSCO License Agreement page for more information.
- HeritageQuest Online and Newspapers.com Library Edition- World Collection is licensed for personal and educational use by Wisconsin residents. Go to the ProQuest Terms and Conditions page for more information.
- LearningExpress Library is licensed for educational or personal use by Wisconsin residents. Please contact email@example.com for all content permissions inquiries.
- TeachingBooks.net's resources are licensed for personal and educational use by Wisconsin residents. Go to the TeachingBooks.net Policies page for more information.
Cookies are small files that websites put on your computer so that the sites can remember you. BadgerLink uses session cookies to help users gain access to our resources. No personal information is stored, saved, or shared through the use of the session cookie, and the cookie expires at midnight each day. Once the session cookie expires, you may need to reauthenticate to gain access to BadgerLink resources.