The BadgerLink authentication and Super Search platform vendor, Auto-Graphics, has rescheduled their platform upgrade due to issues that became apparent in a recent migration of another of their customers. The BadgerLink resources and Super Search is now scheduled to go down on Friday, September 6th at 7pm and come back online, on Monday, September 9th at 7am. We understand that this delay may cause significant inconveniences. While we regret having to postpone the upgrade now for a second time, our hope is that this delay ultimately results in a better experience for BadgerLink users.
This upgrade will not affect functionality of any BadgerLink resource, however the Super Search platform will see new features and more modern styling, and the BadgerLink authenticated URLs will change. Super Search screen shots and help documents will be posted soon.
For library and school staff:
- Effective September 9th all BadgerLink authenticated URLs will change. Our vendor is providing a redirect for up to 6 months.
- Any library or school that places these authenticated URLs on a website, within a proxy, or in another SSO application such as OpenAthens, will need to edit the URLs no later than early March 2020 in order to continue providing users access outside of the BadgerLink website. Find current and new URLs on the BadgerLink Resource URLs Google sheet.
- For reference the current authenticated URL structure is: https://www.wiscat.net/homepages/CustomerWide/ValidateGlobalIP.asp?cuid=stwi&lid=stwi&dataid=71&term=
- The new URL structure will be formatted as: https://www.wiscat.net/ext/validateglobal.php?cid=stwi&lid=stwi&dataid=71
For BadgerLink users:
- Access to all resources, either through the BadgerLink website or through your library/school website, will be down September 6-9.
- If you have issues accessing any resource after the upgrade and are navigating through your library or school website, try the BadgerLink website instead. Contact us if you continue to have any issues.
Thank you for your understanding during this downtime! Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.