During this time of school and library closures, the BadgerLink team would like to highlight resources that are most applicable to you as a user. BadgerLink’s 50 online resources are available to you 24/7 from home with your public library card.
Would you like help using these resources? Are you interested in learning about other BadgerLink topics? Let us know!
Here are some of the best BadgerLink resources for public libraries:
Full-text daily and weekly Wisconsin newspapers from 2005 to 90 days ago, plus newspapers from the 1800s and 1900s
- Wisconsin Newspapers in BadgerLink Title List (includes titles from U.S. Newsstream, Archive of Wisconsin Newspapers, and Newspapers.com Library Edition World Collection)
- Covers more than 250 Wisconsin newspapers from 2005 to 90 days ago, and 13 historical Wisconsin newspapers from the 1800s and 1900s; see a Title List
Each newspaper is available cover to cover in a searchable PDF format
Authoritative and up-to-date service and repair information for thousands of domestic and imported vehicles
- From the automotive experts at MOTOR
- All content comes from the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM)
Includes: service and repair procedures, wiring diagrams, technical service bulletins and recalls, maintenance schedules, specifications, diagnostic trouble codes, labor estimates, parts pricing, and component locations
Comprehensive reference and learning resource for children and adults.
- Three distinct interfaces and reading levels in one site: Children, Young Adults, and Reference Center
Content updated daily
Full-text journal and peer-reviewed articles covering all disciplines of business
- Covers all business disciplines including marketing, management, accounting, finance, and economics
- More than 2,000 full-text journals
- Searches Business Source Premier, Regional Business News, and Newswires
Explore company profiles, industry reports, market research, and SWOT analyses
Access point to EBSCOhost health-specific databases
Simultaneously searches AHFS Consumer Medication Information, Alt HealthWatch, Consumer Health Complete, Health Source - Consumer Edition, Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition, and MEDLINE
Comprehensive treasury of American genealogical sources
- Collection of genealogical and historical sources
- Unique primary sources, local, and family histories
U.S. Federal Censuses, books, cemetery records, city directories, military records and more
Access all the LearningExpress Library's collections of web-based test preparation tools and skill-building materials
- Includes full-text ebooks, courses, and tutorials
Access all 7 LearningExpress Library learning centers
Popular full-text magazines, reference books and other sources from world's leading publishers
- Covers topics including business, health, education, fitness, sports and leisure, personal finance, general science, multicultural issues, DIY and fashion
- More than 2,300 full-text magazines and journals
- More than 870 full-text reference books
- More than 73,000 full-text primary source documents
- More than 1.6 million photos, maps and flags
More than 70,000 videos from the Associated Press (AP)
Historical newspapers archive from the 1700s - 2000s containing thousands of well-known regional, state, and small local newspapers in the United States and other countries
- Contains United States, Canada, United Kingdom & Ireland, Australia, and Panama titles
- At least 150 Wisconsin titles
Ongoing updates and new content continually added
Fiction recommendation resource with read-alikes, discussion guides, reading lists, and more
- Search for books by keyword and reading level (Lexile)
- Includes book recommendations created by book experts
Search by terms of appeal like style and mood
U.S. news, current and archival to 1980s.
- Featuring key national and regional sources including The New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, Newsday, and Chicago Tribune as well as over 80 Gannett titles.
- Daily updates and same day publication access to over 250 titles.
Includes newswires, news journals, television and radio transcripts, blogs, podcasts, and digital-only websites.