"BadgerLink has an abundance of wonderful resources for the legal community."
I am a librarian at a law firm and I can use BadgerLink in so many ways!
There is a wealth of knowledge that includes news stories, both current and historical, as well as medical, business and industry-specific articles. The search functionality in many BadgerLink resources is quite similar to that of the subscription-based legal database services. This means that searches can often can be fine-tuned in order to produce the most relevant results, which equates to time savings for busy people.
With BadgerLink I can:
- Find many full text law reviews and other legal publications;
- Retrieve a profile on a particular company;
- Gather factual information about an event;
- Check statistics and trends for a certain industry;
- Track down an article cited in a bibliography;
- Find authoritative materials which will clarify information found on the Web or in a Wikipedia entry;
- Do an author search on a particular expert witness;
- Search for older articles which may shed some light on legislative intent for a particular law.
BadgerLink has an abundance of wonderful resources for the legal community! And I can access it all simply by using my library card.
I have presented classes about BadgerLink to lawyers and legal professionals, and they are continually impressed at the amount of quality information available in “Wisconsin’s Online Library.” BadgerLink is a fabulous service to have in one’s research toolkit!