You have to think about the information you have gathered and how you are going to use it. Organize information based on the relationships between ideas. These relationships may include:
- Similarities or differences
- Sequence of events
- Cause and effect
Can you think of any others?
When you are thinking about the relationships of your ideas, you may also want to consider
- How the pictures in an article helped make a point
- Reasons an author gives to support points in a text
- Similarities or differences in articles that you have read
Types of Writing
There are different kinds of essays or reports you can write.
- Opinion - giving your opinion on a topic with supporting evidence
- Informative/explanatory- explaining a concept including facts, definitions, and details
- Narrative- describing an experience with a sequence of events and possibly dialogue